You must meet the following conditions to buy an Executive Condominium (EC).
- Family Nucleus
- Income Ceiling
- Special Requirement for Undischarged Bankrupts
- Ownership in Private Property
- Owners/Ex-owners of HDB flats / DBSS flats / EC units
- Existing Owner or Ex-Owner of an HDB Flat
- Ex-Owner of an EC
- Essential Occupier
- Bought an EC/DBSS Flat with CPF Housing Grant
- You must be a Singapore Citizen
- Your family nucleus must compromise at least another Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
- You must be at least 21 years old at the time of application
- If you are buying an Executive Condominium (EC) under the Joint Singles Scheme, you must be at least 35 years old
|Types of Scheme||Family Nucleus Requirement|
|Public||You, the applicant and;- Your spouse, and children (if any)
|You, the applicant and your fiancé/fiancée|
|You, the applicant and;- Your unmarried siblings, or
|You, the applicant and another single person|
- Married couple with parents/grandparents
- Fiancé and fiancée couple with parents/grandparents
- Widowed/divorced with children and parents/grandparents
Special Requirement for Undischarged Bankrupts
Ownership in Private Property
- Within 30 months before the date of application, and
- Between the application date and the date of taking possession of the EC
- HUDC flats (Privatised and Non-Privatised)
- Properties acquired by gift
- Properties inherited as beneficiaries under a will or as a result of the Intestate Succession Act
- Private properties
- Properties owned/acquired/disposed through nominees regardless of properties location
Owners/Ex-owners of HDB flats / DBSS flats / EC units
- a flat from the HDB;
- a resale flat with the CPF Housing Grant*;
- a DBSS flat from developer;
- an EC unit from developer.
*Only applicable for first-timer applicants
If you have already bought two housing units, you will not be eligible to apply or be listed as an essential occupier in an application.
- Be the owners of a flat bought direct from HDB, a DBSS flat or an Executive Condominium bought from the developer
- Have sold a flat bought direct from HDB, a DBSS flat or an Executive Condominium bought from the developer
- Have received the CPF Housing Grant for the purchase of an HDB resale flat
- Have taken other forms of housing subsidy (for example, benefitted under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme, privatisation of HUDC estate etc)
- Any HDB flat that was bought from HDB, or
- Any resale flat that was bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme, or
- A DBSS flat or an EC bought from the developer, or
- Have enjoyed other forms of housing subsidy (for example, enjoyed benefits under the Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme, privatisation of HUDC estate etc.)
Second-timers who apply for this project will have to pay a resale levy.
Existing Owner or Ex-Owner
- Flat bought directly from HDB
- DBSS flat bought from the developers
- Resale flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
- Date of key collection, for flats that are bought direct from HDB
- Date of resale completion, for purchase of resale flats from the open market bought with the CPF Housing Grant
- Date of transfer at market value of the flat bought with CPF Housing Grant
- Date of key collection for EC/DBSS flats bought from the developer
Ex-owners of an EC
- An existing HDB flat bought directly from HDB,
- A DBSS flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme, or,
- A resale flat bought under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
- The date of key collection, for flats that are bought directly from HDB
- The date of resale completion, for purchase of resale flats from the open market bought with the CPF Housing Grant
- The date of transfer at market value of the flat bought with CPF Housing Grant
- The date of key collection for Executive Condominium/DBSS flats bought from the developer, whichever is applicable.
- a flat bought directly from the HDB
- a DBSS flat / EC bought directly from a private developer
- a resale flat bought from open market under the CPF Housing Grant Scheme
If you have an existing matrimonial home, which is one of the above, and that home is retained by your ex-spouse, you may apply to buy or be listed as an essential occupier in any of the above housing unit only three years after your date of divorce.
However, this three-year wait out period will not apply if you are buying any of the above homes with your parents or a new spouse, or if you are buying a resale flat from the open market without the CPF Housing Grant.
If there is no matrimonial home or the matrimonial home was bought from the open market without any CPF Housing Grant, you may apply for any of the above housing units after you get your ex-spouse’s consent not to own or be listed as an essential occupier in any of the above housing units within the three-year period from the date of divorce.
The requirement for ex-spouse’s consent is waived if you are buying any of the above housing units with your parents or a new spouse or if you are buying a resale flat from the open market without the CPF Housing Grant.
The requirement to seek ex-spouse’s consent during the three-year period from the date of divorce is also waived if you meet the following conditions:
- All your children are below 18 years old at the date of divorce; and
- You have the legal custody of all your children and are also the only parent with the care and control of all your children.
Person Who Has Bought an EC/DBSS Flat with CPF Housing Grant
A person who bought an EC or DBSS flat with CPF Housing Grant and terminated the Sale and Purchase Agreement may apply to buy an EC.
However, this is allowed on the condition that a 5-year period has lapsed from the termination date of the Sale & Purchase Agreement of their earlier EC or DBSS flat purchase, to the date of application date for an EC.
Book An Appointment to view ShowFlat at The Criterion EC and Get Direct Developer Price, Hardcopy E-Brochure & Enjoy up to $30,000 CPF Grant! (Limited Time). No Obligations At Best Price Possible!
Sign up below and get a copy of The Criterion EC Price, E-Brochure and Latest Updates!
Strictly no spam policy.